The following Conditions set out the terms upon which we, Daleream Limited trading as Free Car Valuations, are willing to buy vehicles for which you have obtained a price using our Free Car Valuations website. If you offer to sell your vehicle to us and we agree to purchase it these Conditions of Purchase will form the basis of the agreement on which we intend to rely. For your own benefit and protection you should read the Conditions of Purchase carefully before offering to sell your vehicle to us. Please do not offer to sell your vehicle to us if the Conditions of Purchase do not contain everything you wish or contain anything you are not prepared to agree to.
Nothing in these Conditions of Purchase affects the statutory rights of consumers.
Please click on the links below to jump to the part of the Conditions of Purchase you wish to read, or scroll down to read them in order
- We are Daleream Limited, trading as Free Car Valuations, a company registered in England (number 04329128) whose registered office and address for correspondence is at Imperial Garage, Clarence Street, Hull, HU9 1DN. Our VAT number is 789 136 090.
Obtaining a Price
- If you wish to sell your vehicle ("Car") to us, you must first have used our Free Car Valuation tool, this will provide you with a "Basic Valuation".
- The Basic Valuation is an initial trade valuation only, based only on your vehicle make model, age and mileage. No other factors are taken in to account.
- If after receiving a Basic Valuation you wish to offer to sell the Car to us you must click the sell my car button on the valuation that is displayed and complete and submit to us a detailed questionnaire about the condition of the Car and containing your contact details ("Questionnaire").
- We will review the Questionnaire and, if we are willing to invite you to offer to sell the Car to us, we will send an email to the email address you provide in the Questionnaire with details of the price at which we would be willing to consider an offer from you to sell the Car to us ("Price").
Accepting your offer to sell the Car to us
- The email sent to you pursuant to clause 5 above shall allow you the opportunity to indicate your acceptance to the Price, reject the Price or remain undecided regarding the Price. Regardless of the response, we may make a follow-up telephone call or send a further email regarding your response or lack of response to reconfirm the details you provided in relation to the Car within the Questionnaire and to confirm whether you want to offer to sell the Car to us at the Price. If at any time you confirm that you are offering to sell the Car to us at the Price (or such other price as you and we agree, which will then become the Price) we shall let you know if, subject to clause 7, we are proposing to accept your offer. If we decline to accept your offer we will normally, but are not bound to, give you a reason for our decision. If you make an offer to sell us the Car more than three days after we have quoted the Price, we may reject or accept your offer or provide you with a revised Price at which we would be willing to consider your offer to sell the Car.
- A binding contract is created between us for you to sell the Car to us and for us to purchase the Car from you subject to these Conditions of Purchase only once we accept your offer. We accept your offer only once we pay you the Price in accordance with clause 5.1. Until we have paid you the Price no contract for the purchase of the Car exists and you are free to withdraw your offer to sell.
Calculating the Price
- Unless you have provided us with information to the contrary, we calculate the Price making the same assumptions in relation to the Car as we made when providing you with the Basic Valuation, that is that the Car:
(a) has not been modified since first registration and does not have any equipment or accessories additional to those provided as standard by the manufacturer at the time of first purchase;
(b) has never been involved in an accident or been a write-off for insurance purposes;
(c) is in good, roadworthy and undamaged condition;
(d) has a valid tax disc and (if applicable) MOT certificate, neither of which expire before the next anniversary of the date of first registration of the Car;
(e) has been maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations and has a fully documented service history including stamped service record and invoices evidencing compliance with the manufacturer's maintenance and service schedule;
(f) has covered an average number of miles, which we assume to be approximately 12,000 miles per year; and
(g) would be free to be sold by you without restriction and is not subject to any outstanding finance or other security interest.
- Unless you tell us otherwise we will also assume that the Car:
(a) has never been used as a taxi;
(b) has no serious mechanical faults; and
(c) has had no previous accident damage.
- We will take into account the additional information you provided to us in the Questionnaire and, if we have contacted you to obtain further information in relation to the Car, we will take that further information into account when calculating the Price.
- The Price is calculated on the basis that you will deliver or we will collect the Car within three days of the date on which we contact you to arrange delivery or collection. In the event that you deliver or we collect the Car more than three days from the date we contact you the Price will be reduced for each complete day that passes in excess of the initial three days unless the reason for the delay was within our reasonable control.
- The Price is in Pounds Sterling and is inclusive of United Kingdom-rated VAT where applicable. You are responsible for the disclosure and payment of any duties or other taxes which apply.
- We will pay the Price by presenting you with a cheque or (if you request in advance that we do so a banker's draft) when we collect the Car. Alternatively you may ask us to send the money direct to your nominated bank account by telegraphic transfer at the moment we collect the Car.
- Our acceptance of your offer, and the creation of a binding contract between us for the sale by you and purchase by us of the Car, takes place when we pay you the Price.
- We will not take physical possession of the Car before we have paid the Price to you in accordance with clause 13.
Collection or delivery of the Car
- You may either deliver the Car to us at Free Car Valuations, Clarence Street, Hull, HU9 1DN or ask us to collect it from the address stated in the Questionnaire. Unless we agree otherwise, we will only collect from United Kingdom mainland addresses. We will not make any charge for collection although when we calculated the Price we may have taken the location of the point of collection into account.
- If you have agreed to deliver the Car to us, you shall deliver it on the date agreed between you and us. If you have asked us to collect the Car we will give you an estimate of the time at which we will collect it. We will endeavour to collect the Car within four hours of the time we give you for collection but we are not able to warrant that we will not be early or late.
- When you deliver or we collect the Car you agree to provide to us:
(a) all keys and other items necessary to fully operate the Car;
(b) the Car's service record;
(c) the Car's V5 (also known as the log book);
(d) a form of photographic identity such as your passport (along with a photocopy of the same) to prove to our satisfaction that you are the person named on the V5;
(e) the Car's road tax disc.
- We will take ownership of the Car when we pay you the Price and risk in the Car when we take physical possession of it.
Conditions of the Contract
- Our acceptance of your offer to sell the Car to us is conditional upon the following matters:
(a) at both the time you offer to sell the Car to us and the time we collect or you deliver your Car, you are not in breach of any of the warranties in clause 23;
(b) any third party described in clause 23(b) accepts payment from us in exchange for it releasing any interest it has in the Car;
(c) subject to clause 23(b) we are able to confirm to our satisfaction that we will obtain full and unfettered ownership of the Car on payment of the Price;
(d) the Car is in the same condition (subject to fair wear and tear) as described to us when we provided you with the Price, including being free from any damage not disclosed at that time and the mileage of the Car not having increased by an average of more than 50 miles per day following the date of your offer to sell the Car to us;
(e) all statements you have made to us in the Questionnaire and before entering into the contract to sell the Car to us are full and accurate in all respects;
(f) you have complied with your obligations on collection or delivery of the Car set out in the 'Collection or delivery of the Car' section;
(g) you deliver the Car to us or we collect the Car on the date agreed when we accept your Offer of sale of the Car; and
(h) you are not in breach of any of the provisions set out in the Conditions of Purchase.
- We may ask to inspect the Car before accepting your offer to sell it to us. In any event, we will inspect the Car when you deliver or we collect it. If any of the conditions in clause 20 are not met, we may at our option recalculate the Price or decline to accept your offer. If we choose to recalculate the Price and you do not wish to sell the Car to us at the revised Price you are under no obligation to sell the Car to us and we are under no obligation to buy it.
- If we discover within 7 days of delivery or collection of the Car that you have not complied with any of the conditions in clause 20 we shall treat the contract as having been repudiated by you. We shall demand repayment of all sums we have paid to you and shall return the Car to you.
- You warrant that:
(a) the information you provide to us about the Car (including but not limited to make and model, colour, condition, current and previous damage, service history, MOT/road tax status and mileage) whether in the Questionnaire or otherwise is full and accurate in all respects;
(b) you own the Car absolutely - i.e. the Car is owned by you alone and is not subject to any arrangement with a third party where that third party has an interest in the Car (such as a secured loan, hire purchase or leasing arrangement), unless the arrangement with the third party is capable of transferring ownership of the Car to you for settlement in cash in which case (after we have collected or you have delivered the Car) we will pay to such third party the amount required to release the Car from such arrangement and you agree that the Price payable to you is reduced by an amount equal to the amount to be paid to such third party. In the event that the amount to be paid to such third party exceeds the Price you agree to pay to us the difference no later than when you deliver or we collect the Car;
(c) you are a consumer (i.e. not a business), aged 18 or over and are located in the United Kingdom;
(d) you are the owner and registered keeper of the Car.
Use of your Information
Limitation and exclusion of liability
- Subject to clause 27, neither of you or us shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result of any breach of the Conditions of Purchase, except for those losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such failure.
- Neither of you or us shall be responsible for losses that result from your or our failure to comply with the Conditions of Purchase, including, but not limited to, losses that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of anticipated savings;
(d) loss of data;
(e) any waste of time;
(f) loss of enjoyment; or
(g) loss of use.
- Nothing in these Conditions of Purchase excludes or limits in any way our or your liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our or your negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
(d) losses for which it is prohibited by section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to limit liability; or
(e) any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Events beyond our reasonable control
- Neither party is liable for any delay or failure to perform their obligations if they are prevented from doing so by an event beyond their reasonable control.
Queries and complaints
- If you have any complaints or queries, please contact us by writing to Free Car Valuations, Imperial Garage, Clarence Street, Hull, HU9 1DN, emailing email@example.com or calling 01482 386xxx.
Basis of Contract and Changes to these Conditions
- The contract between us is subject to these Conditions of Purchase only. If you wish any additional terms to apply please inform us of those terms as they will only apply if we agree them before we pay you the Price and only then in addition to these Conditions of Purchase.
- We may vary the Conditions of Purchase at any time without notice. The latest version of the Conditions of Purchase are available by clicking on the Conditions of Purchase link on the home page of the Website. Please check the Conditions of Purchase immediately before completing the Questionnaire as it is that version which will apply to any contract between us for the purchase by us of the Car.
- Any changes which we make to the Conditions of Purchase after you have submitted the Questionnaire will not apply to the contract for the purchase by us of the Car unless we have brought them to your attention prior to paying you the Price.
- Each of the provisions in these Conditions of Purchase shall be construed as separate conditions; should any provision or part of any provision be found to be invalid or unenforceable then such provision or such part of the provision shall apply with such modification as may be necessary to make it valid and effective. If no such modification is possible the provision or the part of the provision shall to the extent that it is found to be invalid or unenforceable be deemed severable and the remaining provisions in these Conditions of Purchase and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- Any waiver by you or us of any breach of, or any default under, any provision of these Conditions by us or you will not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default and will in no way affect the other provisions of these Conditions of Purchase.
- Nothing in these Conditions of Purchase confers on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of the provisions of these Conditions.
- All aspects of the arrangements under these Conditions shall be governed by English law and we and any disputes between us shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.